Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Colon Cleansing
 Taking Enemas for Health
 Best position for effective cleansing enema?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Victoria
Advanced Member

57 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2008 :  18:53:13  Show Profile
Left side? (Sims) Right side? Knee-chest? On your back? All of the above? What position works best for a really good cleanse?

In her latest video, Kristina gives enemas to a patient on her left side. Many nursing books recommend this also. That's how nurses positioned me for Fleets in past hospital stays.

However, I've also read that the right side, due to positioning on the colon, is best for you're doing a bag enema. The Fleet enema box shows a patient in the knee-chest position. I've done this position, but I felt all twisted reaching back and trying to keep the tube in and working the clamp.

What's your choice?

Thomas

11 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2008 :  21:20:12  Show Profile
Greetings:

In my opinion the Sims position is the most comfortable and convenient position. The nozzle stays in place quite nicely and your hand can easly reach around to support it if needed. It is also easy to operate the hose clamp.

I also like lie on my back with my knees bent and my legs slightly apart. This too, is quite comfortable especially if you have a yoga mat of something equally as comfortable to lay on. I always cover with a sheet or blanket as well.

In either of these positions the enema solution enters the colon just fine and it is easy to massage the colon. I seem to be able to retain the enema longer in the sims position.

I agree that the knee to chest position is awkward. I always have troulbe with insertion, operating the clamp and holding the noozle in position. This position does seem to work better if someone is administering the enema for you. The enema does flow nicely in this position and the reults seem to be quite effective.

I am not an Atheist. I am an Eartheist. (Abbey)

Blessings,Thomas
Go to Top of Page

Water Woman
Advanced Member

390 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2008 :  22:31:07  Show Profile
The knee chest is easy for me, and I think it's because I have a long hose and I can have the clamp down by my hand for easy reach. Having a long enough hose is very important. I find lying on my back with a short hose is very hard. My hose is longer yet, since I have the bulb pump on it. Of course with a shorter hose, you need to lower the bag, and for me, that's not a good height for me. Using a long hose and hang the bag on an IV pole, any position is comfortable for me.
Welcome back Victoria!!! So nice to have you back!!
Salute, (To your health)
Lisa
PS. Don't forget to post birthday wishes for Kristina! I'll forward them to her next week. I'm sure she'll love that! (Under announcements)

Edited by - Water Woman on 03/20/2008 22:34:48
Go to Top of Page

Dave
Advanced Member

422 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2008 :  07:56:38  Show Profile
The position Thomas describes also seem to be the best for me, back to my earliest enemas. I also agree that knee-chest is awkward for a solo unless a longer hose is used like Lisa does. I think gravity works best in either position, though varying positions during the enema as Kristina advocatess would work well for a good fill.
Dave

Go to Top of Page

Clint
Advanced Member

234 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2008 :  13:43:41  Show Profile
I find that on my knees and face on the matress works best for me. Other times, lying on the right side works good if I massage my upper abdomin.
Go to Top of Page

Gibby
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2008 :  16:36:37  Show Profile
If I'm doing a cleansing series of enemas I try all of the positions. I have found that it is the easiest with my second enema of the series and I can hold it longer. I start out on my left side then to my back, then right side, then stomach, then knee chest and finally resting on my stomach again to finish my enema. I think it is easier to hold for me when I'm on my stomach.
Go to Top of Page

maqtoH
Advanced Member

320 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  12:19:46  Show Profile
Very interesting, Gibby. I enjoy an enema while kneeling, and this works quite well for me. I have also used various other positions, including a modification of the position Thomas also likes, as I have rested my feet against the wall while laying on my back, with my legs above me. That also seemed to work well for me, though I have not used it for a while. But I do agree that the longer the hose, the easier it is to take an enema in certain positions.

Edited by - maqtoH on 04/02/2008 13:45:04
Go to Top of Page

Bruce E
Advanced Member

74 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  02:38:19  Show Profile
It is nice to see that Gibby is now one of us. Reading Gails posts is almost as good as taking an enema. I printed out a few of Gails early posts and I really enjoy the post when her mother presented her with her own bag which she may do with it what she chooses and within minutes was taking her first self administered pleasure enema. Myself I take my enemas on my right side with my with my hips rotated so that I am almost on my stomach. This way the water is flowing slightly uphill but is soon going down all the way to the cecum. I have always used both hands equally and for some reason I have always used my left hand for enema nozzle insertion and this started when I was about 14 when Mom stopped giving them to me.

Gibby: If you are reading Gails posts there isn't much any of us can offer in suggestions. Happy enemas.

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

mikecmt
Advanced Member

126 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2008 :  10:40:01  Show Profile
Victoria:

This is what I like to do, take a Bolster that is about 30" long, and wrap in a towel. A bolster is a positioning device used in massage. Do a search for. But place this bolster under the pelvic area elevating the lower tummy. Place a big pillow under the chest, this allows the stomach to make less contact with the table or floor or bed. This is a really relaxing way to take a larger volume enema.

I normaly take a coffee enema in the Left Modified Simms first / the second, laying on the back, and the third larger 2.5 to- sometimes 3 qts with the bolster. Run the enemata solution in slow laying like this to relax, use some soft music, clear your mind, don't keep looking at the bag, just let the relaxing coffee take effect, and before you know it, it's done with no cramping etc.
Go to Top of Page

John
Average Member

25 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2008 :  23:39:35  Show Profile
I am fortunate to have a therapist help me with my cleaning enemas. When she gives me a 3 to 4 quart high enema, she has me lie on my back, knees bent and about 18 inches apart, with the 4 quart translucent bag hanging a little above my knees so I can see my progress. As she releases the water into me, she massages my colon, working first the decending colon, across the transverse, and down the ascending toward the cecum. She gives me lots of eye contact so she can see if the flow starts to cause me discomfort. If so, she will stop the flow but continue the massage until I'm ready to continue. When the bag is empty, she helps me to bathromm, has me sit on the toilet backwards, and massages the colon in the reverse direction as I release. After repeating this process two more times, I am completely cleaned out!

Once I was able to overcome the embarrassment of being completely exposed while a woman gave me an enema this way, I found the position and the process she used to be the best way to get a through cleanse.

John
Go to Top of Page

Water Woman
Advanced Member

390 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  02:17:43  Show Profile
John, why does she have you sit on the toilet backwards?
I never heard of that!
Go to Top of Page

will
Average Member

29 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  13:28:13  Show Profile
Lisa
I can answer that since I have done that with great effectiveness. While the person who has just had the enema is seated backwards the person who is giving sits behind them on a stool or kneeling and has the "patient" lean their body against them. From this position the giver can effectively use both hands to rub and massage and also lower the taker to a point where emptying the ascending colon is more easily accomplished. Try it you'll like it ( if there are two people involved) It is much the same in ease of complete expulsion as using a bed pan with the patient semi reclined. Ciao sweetheart.
Willy
Go to Top of Page

will
Average Member

29 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  13:37:13  Show Profile
I got so engrossed answering WW that I forgot to describe my favorite position for taking an enema, I prefer to lay on my stomach with a pillow or some other means of support under my hips to take the weight of my body off of my stomach. This is the most relaxing position I can assume and still maintain a clean bed, With my poor sphincter control I find it necessary to have my legs in a position where I can clamp my cheeks to help prevent a premature expulsion, any other position has the buttocks spread to some degree and is sometimes embarrassing to me.
Will
Go to Top of Page

John
Average Member

25 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  23:31:13  Show Profile
Will explained it perfectly!

John Cosgrove
Go to Top of Page

Water Woman
Advanced Member

390 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  01:17:21  Show Profile
Thanks Will! That makes perfect sense to me now!
Would be cool to try that position.
Ciao!
Lisa
Go to Top of Page

maqtoH
Advanced Member

320 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  17:15:27  Show Profile
To be perfectly honest, I believe that any position that makes you comfortable and relaxed is the perfect position for you. That decision must be made based on space available, privacy, and personal preferences. But it is fun to exchange ideas on the various positions everybody uses, and a pleasure to read how all do this. I am glad this thread exists, and wish everyone happy experimenting!!! Enjoy!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Colon Health Forum © 2003-2007 Optimal Health Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000