Daily enema: need or danger?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dietrich
Average Member

27 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2008 :  00:35:08  Show Profile
Daily enema versus enema every few days: a dilemma or opposed health strategies?

This type of question at the edge of naturopathy has always been answered superbly by Kristina, with her typical mix of profound knowledge and common-people's speculation. For the immediate future it appears that we have to do without her.

I have to resort to daily or skipped-second-daily enemas to keep my colon reasonably empty and non-toxic. Extreme proponents of naturopathy explain that colon health implies a major bowel movement after each daily meal, and at least once a day. More timid or conservative opinions state that more rarely achieved bowel movements are to be considered normal. Enemas support the schedule of daily colon evacuation, but, as stated by the timid group, they disturb the electrolyte setting within the body fluid. I feel better after the daily enema, but this action requires time and attention. So, in what way do I help my body machine better, by enema or by skipping enema?

As the official answer I take the view that there are many different and individually justified paces or intervals of bowel movement. If this is correct, then my question is just a waste of time. However, maybe there are opinions worth to listen to and thinking about.
Dietrich

DougM

47 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2008 :  08:25:35  Show Profile
I have a few chronic things going on with me. Diabetes and high bp. I looked to a naturopathic means to support traditional medicine. I was doing weekly enemas and taking certain supplements that were having a positive affect (reducing dosages on meds, generally feeling better, etc.). I backed off to monthly enemas and have still had the same success. Daily seems a little extreme. Just my opinion

~Doug
Go to Top of Page

Mike K
Advanced Member

144 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2008 :  09:05:01  Show Profile
Hi Dietrich
I am sure that Kristina will be back on the board as soon as it is possible for her.

The thing that I have found is that every person's metabolism is different. Some people have metabolism that allows them to have a bowel movement multiple times per day or once a day. Some of us however have a slower metabolism and only have a bowel movement if were like he once a day. And many of us have to use an enema to help that process along.
There are a lot of people out there in the health business that tell you need to have a bowel movement every day to be normal. I use enemas depending upon how I feel. If you feel good after using an enema then I feel that it is all right. But if you feel bad after one then I would stop using it for while.
I work on the assumption that if it feels good do it, if it feels bad don't.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Clint
Advanced Member

234 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2008 :  17:36:08  Show Profile
I just take an enema when I can no longer go on my own and I get all bloated and feel miserable(I have IBS)so in my case, an enema help me feel well enough to work every day and enjoy a better quality of life. I've never been concerned about electrolytes and never noticed a problem.
Go to Top of Page

Dave
Advanced Member

422 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  07:55:13  Show Profile
I think most here would take or ask for an enema as needed rather than as a routine maintenance tool, but everybody's body and needs are different.
As we grow older, in my case at least, the need for them increases beween colonics or whenever. Those enemas given many of us as chldren prove equally valuable in "old age":-).
Comments invited.
Dave

Go to Top of Page

Clint
Advanced Member

234 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  20:59:56  Show Profile
I forgot to mention that I need an enema at least once a week but would be better off taking a couple a week.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

78 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  07:41:51  Show Profile
It looks like the consensus is every person is different.
Myself, I use enemas when I feel the need which can be as often as daily. I have never found any harmful side effects. Unlike several of the prescription medicines, I have had to take over the years.

Curtis
Go to Top of Page

lou
Advanced Member

66 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  13:38:46  Show Profile
Does a small volume enema,say 2 bulbs ful-expell -2 more bulbs- expell then 2 more bulbs, clean the colon as good as a 2qt bag enema?

lou
Go to Top of Page

Bruce E
Advanced Member

74 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  22:30:50  Show Profile
lou:
Take your 2 bulb enemas and when you are finished take a 2 quart enema and see what you missed. I think you will be surprised.
Go to Top of Page

Mike K
Advanced Member

144 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2008 :  09:01:38  Show Profile
HI Lou
A small volume enema, such as Kristina explains in her small volume enema video, two bulbs full will clean out the rectum and sigmoid colon. Two bulbs full is only 16 oz. or less depending upon the size of the bulb syringe. You will need a large volume enema series to clean out the entire colon. Everyone seems to be different on how much liquid it takes to reach the cecum and slightly distend the entire colon. Hope this helps. Good luck on your colon cleansing.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Colon Health Forum © 2003-2007 Optimal Health Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000