Men and colonics
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dave
Advanced Member

422 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  11:08:32  Show Profile
I was surprised during my latest colonic when the therapist mentioned that almost 40% of her clients are men, and not all older ones either. Some returned from Middle East service with parasites and other digestive problems.
Since my appointments are daytime ones, I've seen only women of various ages in the waiting room. I do recall Kristina saying that men were more often than women to request the enema series at her center.
I am wondering whether the seemingly growing male participation in colon care is a growing attention to personal health by men or for other reasons as well.
Evidence or just speculation is invited.
Dave

JimH
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2007 :  06:34:26  Show Profile
I'm pretty new to this, but have primarily seen men here at the clinic I attend.
Go to Top of Page

Kristina
Administrator

408 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2007 :  14:27:39  Show Profile
Hi Jim,

Can you describe the setting in Thailand? Why people went to the center? What you did while there? What prompted you to go to the center? How long did you stay? What sort of nutritional protocol you followed? I would love to hear the whole story of a man in another culture exploring colon cleansing. Thanks much, in advance, for your time to this.

In good health,
Kristina Amelong, CNC,CT
Optimal Health Network
Go to Top of Page

JimH
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2007 :  23:02:21  Show Profile
Hello. I've been living in Asia for two years now. I was chatting with someone on the net who had lived here in the same city in Thailand where I am, and we were talking a lot about the air pollution here. She told me "I'll bet you are feeling just sort of tired and whipped a good share of the time." I said I had, and she told me about a clinic in this city that she had gone to, repeatedly, for help with detoxifying her body. She explained some of the massage therapies that were offered, that she felt were both relaxing and useful, but then she said there was one other therapy that might not be something that I would think about as "acceptable." I asked her what was involved and she explained that among the other treatments available, the one that had made her feel immeasurably better was the colonic cleansing available there.

I said "No way!" when she explained what that entailed.

We continued talking, as I had gotten to know her a bit from other chats, and I came back to the detoxification issue. I asked her more questions and found that the clinic was actually one that I walked past every day on my way where I'm working. I told her I'd at least stop in and talk to the people at the clinic when she assured me that there were employees who were quite fluent in English.

When I stopped, I was skeptical. I signed up for a Gerson massage (a light, all body massage done by two therapists with silken gloves that is designed to stimulate blood flow and while getting the massage I asked the one therapist who was most fluent in English about the colonic procedure. She told me more, and offered to show me the room where the colonics were administered, and the machinery. The combination of information and the professionalism of the place led me to make an appointment for hydrotherapy.

In the meantime, I googled and read on the net, and found the OHN site, where on the homepage was a picture of the exact machine that this clinic uses. I read extensively here and went to the appointment a couple days later.

I was so nervous that my blood pressure was through the roof. When they took it, they were concerned and I told them that it was probably my nervousness that was the cause. They suggested that I get a scalp/foot massage (two therapists, one hour, working on head/neck/face/feet and legs) to relax and come back in an hour.

Once they started the colonic, after the initial emptying, I felt ... lighter ...better. One therapist lightly massaged my abdomen while the other worked with the equipment to fill, and then when full and the emptying stage was going, the massager was deeply massaging my abdomen. I could feel things just ... letting loose, and watching the return was amazed at the material that was being released.

I've been back a couple times since then, and this week intend to follow the colonic procedure with a coffee enema, another procedure they offer there.

I'll be returning to the U.S. permanently in a few weeks, and I sincerely intend to locate a colon therapist wherever my job search takes me, or possibly to purchase enema equipment here at OHN.
Go to Top of Page

Dave
Advanced Member

422 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2007 :  14:41:20  Show Profile
Hi Jim to the group from a veteran member. Your friend seemed to have given a cautious endorsement to colonics, but you have gotten off to a good start.
As has been posted previously on other strings, the 'referrals" tab on www.i-act.org is a good starter for finding a certified therapist wherever you settle.
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Kristina
Administrator

408 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2007 :  19:52:04  Show Profile
That is quite a story, Jim. I am amazed at all the therapists that you had the honor of having worked on you. Wow! Has the tiredness lifted? Why is the air so polluted in Thailand?

In good health,
Kristina Amelong, CNC,CT
Optimal Health Network
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Colon Health Forum © 2003-2007 Optimal Health Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000