Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Clint
Advanced Member

234 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2008 :  21:12:36  Show Profile
I never though of taking an enema for diarrhea since I have it so often(2-3 times a week) With the IBS I'm either constipated or have diarrhea depending what I eat. Yesterday I was constipated and had diarrhea at the same time(probably due to a new medication I'm taking). That was something I'd rather forget about but taking an enema was the very last thing on my mind. Also had tons of gas on top of it all, now that was the icing on the cake!
Go to Top of Page

maqtoH
Advanced Member

320 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  17:20:05  Show Profile
Clint, I do agree with you on one point. In the throes of diarrhea, it may be hard at first to hold the enema. I think it would be best to take a small enema, say a pint or so, as the first in the cycle, and then do larger enemas as you are able, or as you feel like it. But a couple of enemas will clear the problem up fairly easily, and one should try that procedure.
Go to Top of Page

Clint
Advanced Member

234 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  22:30:07  Show Profile
Now that I've stopped taking that medication I took a good enema and am feeling much better(I hate being constipated!). My first day off the medication, I drank two 1 quart bottles of water before 11 am! That evening I took the enema with no problems. The next day I had diarhea but stopping the medication could've caused that.

Edited by - Clint on 04/11/2008 22:31:00
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Colon Health Forum © 2003-2007 Optimal Health Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000