High volume enemas, history
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

1 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  12:29:04  Show Profile
I am interested in the history of extremely high volume enemas. An older thread in this forum presented a lot of discussion about several gals who currently take 5-6 liter enemas. I was amazed to read about these because I can only take about 3 liters right now. Someone mentioned old medical journals describing ladies in the New York area during the early 20th century taking huge enemas given with very large colon tubes. Does anyone know more about these procedures? I am very curious...

rogers734
Advanced Member

103 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  15:09:15  Show Profile
Tara; I've got an old medical book~1900 and there is a section about retention enema's. It advises to take as much as possible, up to 1 and 1/2 gallons of water that is as hot as the person can stand, no temp.limit. The thing about the temp. is very foolish as is too easy to make the water too hot and cause burns to the colon. The procedure also requires the person to hold for 30 minutes.

Good health to all
Go to Top of Page

sterling

5 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  20:25:45  Show Profile
Roger Its interesing to here about some one that has read or has an old medical book. My GrandMother had some type of book like that, I wish I had it now. I do recall her always haveing us hold as much as we could. And as an adult I think more is better, to a point.Ive heard of 1 gal before but not over that.My GrandMother worked in a Dr. office years befor my time but she took the time to show me about do and donts about that. To Health
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

17 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2006 :  10:02:44  Show Profile
I have had the opportunity to watch the enema video and learn all I can about the proper use of enemas from Kristina on this fine web-site. I have found that what works best for me is a 3-quart warm soapy enema (preferably using one of Kristina's fine enema soaps- they are the best) followed by a 3 quart baking soda/salt warm water enema rinse. I was always told "try to take as much as you can". As a youngster, that wasn't very much to the disappointment of Mom. As an adult, I find that the 3-quart volume is a perfect limit for me. Yes, there is some cramping and near the end I will use the "panting" breaths to aid in the discomfort. However, I believe that a "good enema" is going to reach a point of discomfort. As I say, I have my best results with a 3 quart enema.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Colon Health Forum © 2003-2007 Optimal Health Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000